What did you learn about the difference between cost and value when it comes to a major investment
The Context of the Problem
Large technology projects, whether the development of new technologies or upgrading current systems or software applications, can be costly. In larger organizations, a million-dollar (or more) project is not unusual. Once a project is rolled out to production, it is important to evaluate the performance of the project. This is generally a comparison of the anticipated benefits used in making the decision to move forward with the project versus the actual performance of the systems of software once in use. Various methods may be used to evaluate the performance; however, it is important to develop a broad set of standards for making an assessment of the systems or software.
Your organization has made a very large investment in the purchase of infrastructure or development of an in-house software application. As examples, the network infrastructure has had a hardware refresh, business analysis data tools have been implemented, or a new customer resource management software tool has been implemented. Your team must assess the performance of the newly launched technology. You will be providing the various stakeholders (user community, project managers, and senior leadership) with the plan to be used for conducting the performance assessment, including the process of collecting performance data, analysis methods, and an explanation of the appropriateness of the methods to be used (the data may be concocted or gathered from a representative system).
As you work through the problem, be sure to focus on reaching these learning outcomes:
- Optimize organizational processes using data analysis.
- Assess the potential of various software to enhance organizational performance.
- Evaluate applications for the potential to improve collaboration, sharing, and lowering cost.
- Manage application development to lower cost and improve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Maximize the return on organizational technology investments.
- Develop application policies and procedures consistent with the Virtuous Business Model.
- Assess the challenges, technologies, and system approach issues in developing and deploying applications.
The Research Plan
Now that your team has developed your Evaluation Framework, it’s almost time to test your solution. First, your team will create a research plan that compares your solution to existing test cases for organizations in similar sectors. Focus on how these use cases measure performance characteristics of technical and behavioral attributes associated with a technology investment made on behalf of an organization.
The plan should address in detail the following information:
- A detailed description of the measurement framework, including stakeholder perspectives and data sources
- How each measurement may affect the overall performance evaluation
- When post-implementation evaluations should be performed
- How change management should be addressed
- Format used to report the results of data analysis
Your research plan will guide the test of your solution.
Testing the Solution
Use your team’s network to find at least two stakeholders in IT implementation. Set up an interview and ask them about a prior IT implementation.
Be sure to ask the following questions:
- Did the investment accomplish the organizational goal it was meant to?
- How did you arrive at that answer?
- What user experience feedback did you receive?
- Was that goal clearly articulated and understood by all stakeholders?
- How long after implementation did you make the assessment?
- What did you learn about the difference between cost and value when it comes to a major investment?
Come prepared with a short summary of your Evaluation Framework. Ask your stakeholder for feedback on your Evaluation Framework. After your conversation, report back on where your plan was met with criticism or approval.
Communicate with your instructor if you are having difficulty identifying stakeholders for the interviews.
Testing the solution will yield results. In this course, the results of your test will be qualitative interviews that yield categories of user confidence in the Evaluation Framework you’re proposing. The method of reporting will need to be determined in advance of data collection to ensure each reporting member of the team returns usable performance results
Instructions for Deliverable
- As a team, determine how you will present your test results.
- To conduct the test, maximize your interview time.
- After your interview, describe how a team would use the Evaluation Framework to test the performance of an investment. Analyze the plan for any weaknesses: Does it provide the solution(s) needed?
- Present the results of your test as organized information. Provide a brief summary of the action steps needed to strengthen your solution. Clearly indicate team members’ contributions.
- One person from the team must submit the deliverable per the schedule outlined in your Team PBL.
We are team of 2.
Attaching file for evaluation plan.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.