NURS510 Policy&Organization: Public Policy Meeting Assignment
*** This is the selected Public Policy Meeting that must be used to complete this!!
Planned Parenthood, focusing on women’s
Meeting Name: Planned Parenthood Candidates
Forum, Part 2
Use the section (last section of the video) of Beto O’Rourke
Date: June 22, 2019
Mock Interview Paper: Please follow these directions exactly. You must have section headers and you must include in-text citations and references. If you have questions please reach out to me as soon as possible.
Your section headings should be labeled as the following:
- A description of the legislator’s background and history of political involvement (choose any legislator/politician/congressman)
- A detailed summary of the legislator’s current political involvement, constituent groups, number of terms in office, committee responsibilities, and other leadership experiences
- A description of the legislator’s current policy agenda or judicial interest
- 3–4 key interview questions that relate to the health care bill (legislation) you have chosen
- Mock answers to your interview questions. Investigate the answers to your interview questions by looking at the legislator’s website, calling the legislator’s office and speaking with a member of the staff, and/or looking for information and quotes that relate to the legislator’s position on the legislation
- Critical insights, analysis, and personal reflection
- CHECK YOUR ORIGINALITY SCORE. IT SHOULD BE LESS THAN 45%.
The mock interview paper should be at least 3–4 pages of content (excluding the title and reference pages), typed in Times New Roman using 12-point font, and double-spaced with 1″ margins. The cover page and references are not counted as content pages. Your paper is to be APA formatted. I will not grade beyond 4 pages and you will loose points should you exceed the page limit.
This is information from my previous assignment, that can possibly be used for this one:
Congressman Beto O’Rourke,
I am proposing policies for strict disciplinary action for full access to Planned Parenthood, focusing on women’s reproductive healthcare.
It is essential for women to have proper reproductive healthcare, such as screenings, preventative measures, medications, birth control, as well as abortion rights. Women should be able to decide when they want to bring in a new life into this world or not, and no one should decide for them. Immigrant women should also be provided with healthcare, follow the laws of the United States, and be treated as a human being. After having watched the Planned Parenthood Candidate Forum Part 2, I am totally for the visions that Congressman Beto O’Rourke described. Another issue, related to healthcare, is the lack of ability for healthcare providers to afford healthcare themselves, which affects me due to the fact that I am a registered nurse, in the healthcare field, also struggling with affordable healthcare.
O’Rourke mentioned his promises to elevate the power of unions, living wages, provide universal, high quality healthcare, primary healthcare, as well as mental healthcare. Something else that should be offered is sex education, in order to help decrease unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases in our country. By supporting the empowerment of women and access to family planning, you’re also helping protect the health of our planet and other species.
I am seeking approval for such policies in favor for access to women’s reproductive healthcare, and fully funding Planned Parenthood because of the following reasons:
- Reproductive rights are fundamental human rights. Many women seek access to contraception and are not able to get it.
- Approximately 45% of pregnancies in the United States are unplanned. Having access to reproductive healthcare and extensive sex education aids to being responsible of making concrete reproductive decisions.
- If access to contraception is increased and easily available, this will lead to a decrease in unplanned pregnancies. The more birth-control options that are available, the better these women will be able to find a method that is a perfect fit for them.
Top Five Reasons to Support Reproductive Rights. (n.d.). Retrieved July 18, 2019, from
The Voter’s Self Defense System. (n.d.). Retrieved July 18, 2019, from https://votesmart.org/public
Mitts, L. (2017, June 12). Four Reasons Planned Parenthood Is an Essential Health Care Provider.
Retrieved July 18, 2019, from https://familiesusa.org/blog/2017/01/four-reasons-planned-parenthood-essential-health-care-provider
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.