MW education assignments
Please complete all parts
For the first part of this Discussion, move beyond the parameters of a casual introduction that you might offer a stranger to create a two-paragraph “self-portrait” that describes:
Your professional experiences, interests, challenges, and qualities or dispositions
Strengths you bring and challenges you anticipate related to being a member of an online learning community
Next, after you have composed your professional self-portrait, read over what you have written and create a title consisting of six words that summarizes who you are.
Three professional goals that reflect your current aspirations and professional expectations
Specific ways in which your goals and aspirations relate to the vision and mission statements of Walden University and the Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership and the courses in the MSECS program
What you hope to learn more about as you proceed through this program
- Choose two people from different sectors of the early childhood field whom you admire and would like to know more about. For each, read at least one scholarly article, either from the Internet, in order to learn more about their lives, accomplishments, motivation, the context in which they worked, and other aspects that interest you.
- Who are the two people you chose, which sector do they represent, and what are some of each person’s major accomplishments?
- In what ways can you relate to each person’s passion and motivation?
- How does knowing about each person and his or her work deepen and enhance your understanding of the early childhood field?
Please note: Put the names of the two people you chose in the first line of your post. At the end of your discussion post, cite the scholarly articles you referenced in APA format.
Post the following:
Share a current news article or issue related to young children, families, and/or the early childhood field that caught your attention, summarizing its content and explaining what drew you to this article or issue.
Describe at least one way in which your current thinking about young children, families, and/or the early childhood field has grown and changed.
Explain whether or not you believe you have grown more sensitive to and aware of issues related to young children, families, and the early childhood field.
- Share a current news article or issue related to young children, families, and/or the early childhood field that caught your attention, summarizing its content and explaining what drew you to this article or issue.
- Describe at least one way in which your current thinking about young children, families, and/or the early childhood field has grown and changed.
- Explain whether or not you believe you have grown more sensitive to and aware of issues related to young children, families, and the early childhood field.
- In what ways have your professional goals and aspirations been influenced and/or changed since taking this course?
- In what ways are you already and/or do you hope to be an advocate for young children, their families, and/or the early childhood field?
- In what ways are you already and/or do you hope to be an emerging leader in the early childhood field?
- In what ways do you feel connected to and supported by the University and your colleagues? In what ways do you hope these interconnections will grow?
- Which of the possible interconnections between this course, and your program of study, as underscored in the multimedia presentation, have come alive for you most clearly?
- Which of the interconnections provided you with new and meaningful information about the early childhood field and your role in it?
- At least three connections that you believe will provide the most effective support with regard to your success as a student at the University, and why
- Ways in which you intend to support your colleagues in this online learning community and how you hope your colleagues will support you
For this assignment, summarize your thinking with regard to the following questions:
- What passion, motivation, and wisdom do you bring to your studies and to the early childhood field?
- In what ways do any professionals media segment inspire, affirm, and/or enhance, your passion, motivation, and wisdom?
- In what ways do your professional goals reflect your passion for early childhood, your motivation, and your wisdom; and in what ways might you refine these goals in light of your current thinking?
Assignment length: approximately 1-2 pages
- Briefly summarize three of the six characteristics that strongly resonate with you.
- Provide an example that illustrates how each family systems characteristic you chose shaped the interactions within your own family, the family in which you grew up, or a family that you know well, as well as the way the child in that family interacted with the outside world.
- Explain why understanding these characteristics and their consequences is essential to people who work with children and their families.
Assignment length: approximately 1-2 pages
For this assignment, write:
- A summary of the main goals of each of the five sectors
- A brief explanation of the commonalities
- A mission statement for the field of early childhood that respects and communicates the common connections, the overarching goals, and the various perspectives of the five sectors you studied this week
- One or two quotes or excerpts from writings or speeches of each of the two people you identified for your Discussion assignment this week.
- One or two quotes about passion, motivation, and wisdom
For Option 2:
- Choose three or four of the journals listed in Part 4 and review some of the recent article titles of each journal.
- Select one journal in which the article titles spark your interest.
- Review all the titles of the most recent complete year of the journal’s publication. Consider:
- What kind of articles are published in this journal (e.g., research reports, essays, editorials)?
- Which topics are addressed?
- Which age group is the focus of this journal?
- Choose one article to read.
After you have read the article, write a review that includes the following:
- Cite the journal article in APA format.
- Summarize what this article about and what you learned from the article.
- Describe the intended audience.
- How accessible or challenging was this article to read, and what made it accessible or challenging?
- Would you recommend this article and/or journal to your colleagues; Why or why not?
- Also cite any other journals you examined.
- See attachment named part 13
Assignment length: approximately 1-2 pages
- Find at least three additional resources related to young children, families, and/or the field of early childhood. These resources can be in the form of book titles, people in the early childhood field of interest to you, web links to news articles, quotes, etc. Post these additional resources to your blog.
- Select and summarize two of the five required readings for this week.
- Discuss in what ways the specific ideas presented in each of the readings have broadened and deepened your understanding of young children, families, and/or the early childhood field. (For example: In the article about the value of investing in children, what are the specific reasons provided in support of early childhood, and in which concrete ways have these reasons expanded your understanding of young children, families, and/or the early childhood field?)
- Explain the ways in which the information, ideas, and suggestions in the readings you selected affect your professional goals and/or deepen your passion for the field.
- Identify one additional resource you would suggest to others in the field that focuses on a specific early childhood issue, trend, or development.
- Identify two of your strengths and briefly discuss how each contributes to your growth as an early childhood professional.
- Identify two areas in which you would like to develop further, and describe how you plan to grow
Post three ideals contained in the NAEYC and DEC codes of ethics that are meaningful to you, and explain their significance to your professional life.
Part 1: Course Reflection
- Summarize at least three insights you have gained from your coursework with regard to young children, their families, and/or the early childhood field.
- Describe the ways in which your professional aspirations, dreams, and goals have changed and/or have been strengthened by these insights.
- Reflecting on the different “voices” of the five early childhood professionals who shared their wisdom with you in this course, describe how any or all stirred your professional curiosity, made you rethink assumptions you had about the early childhood field, and/or professionally encouraged or inspired you.
Part 2: Professional Goals
- In Week 2, you identified three professional goals. In light of all that you have learned in this course, and considering your personal and professional growth since the course began, revisit these professional goals, refine them, and restate them.
Assignment length: approximately 2 pages
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.