Legal And Ethical Issues Related To Psychiatric Emergencies
APA 7 FORMAT SHOULD ONLY BE USED
NO PLAGIARISM ALLOWED
PLEASE NO INTERNET SOURCES SUCH AS WIKI, COURSE HERO
In 2–3 pages, address the following:
· Explain your state laws for involuntary psychiatric holds for child and adult psychiatric emergencies. Include who can hold a patient and for how long, who can release the emergency hold, and who can pick up the patient after a hold is released.
· Explain the differences among emergency hospitalization for evaluation/psychiatric hold, inpatient commitment, and outpatient commitment in your state.
· Explain the difference between capacity and competency in mental health contexts.
· Select one of the following topics, and explain one legal issue and one ethical issue related to this topic that may apply within the context of treating psychiatric emergencies: patient autonomy, EMTALA, confidentiality, HIPAA privacy rule, HIPAA security rule, protected information, legal gun ownership, career obstacles (security clearances/background checks), and payer source.
· Identify one evidence-based suicide risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.
· Identify one evidence-based violence risk assessment that you could use to screen patients.
Attach copies of or links to the suicide and violence risk assessments you selected.
NOTE: MY STATE IS ILLINOIS
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.