Option #1: Intercompany Transactions
Assume that a parent company acquired 100% of a subsidiary on 1/1/X1. The purchase price was $175,000 in excess of the subsidiary’s book value of net assets on acquisition date and the excess was assigned entirely to an unrecorded patent. The life of the patent is 10 years.
Assume the subsidiary sells inventory to the parent. The parent ultimately sells the inventory to outside customers. The following relates to the years X2 and X3:
|Inventory Sales||GP of unsold inventory||Receivable (Payable)|
The financial statements for the parent and subsidiary for the year ended 12/31/X3 are attached in the Excel spreadsheet.
ACT470_Mod04-Option01.xlsx Excel spreadsheet in the Module 4 folder:
- Prepare the consolidated financial statements at 12/31/X3 by placing the appropriate entries in their respective debit/credit column cells.
- Indicate, in the blank column cell to the left of the debit and credit column cells if the entry is a [C], [E], [A], [D] or [I]entry.
- Use Excel formulas to derive the Consolidated column amounts and totals.
- Using the “Home” key in Excel, go to the “Styles” area and highlight the [C], [E], [A], [D] or [I]entry cells in different shades.
- Review the grading rubric following this assignment, to understand how you will be graded on this assignment. Reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.