Considering the five forces of competition, choose the two you estimate to be the most significant for the corporation you chose:
In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected for the Week 3 assignment and examine the industry in which the entity operates.
Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the corporation:
- The corporation’s website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
- Strayer University’s online databases.
- The Lexis Advance database.
- Other credible sources. (The corporation’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.)
(Note: It is expected that you will also use your course textbook to complete the assignment.)
Use the External and Internal Environments Template [DOCX] to write a 4-6 page academic research paper in which you include the following:
*Note: The title page and source list are in addition to the 4-6 page requirement
- Choose the two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose:
- Assess how the two high-ranking segments in the general environment influence the corporation and the industry in which it operates.
- Considering the Five Forces of Competition, choose the two you estimate to be the most significant for the corporation you chose:
- Evaluate how well the corporation addressed two of the Five Forces of Competition in the last five years.
- With the same two forces in mind, predict how the corporation could improve its ability to address these forces in the next 5-10 years. Support your response with relevant, specific evidence.
- Consider the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation:
- Assess how the corporation should deal with its most serious external threat and its greatest opportunity. Support your position with two pieces of specific evidence.
- Consider the selected corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses:
- Determine the strategy or tactic, as explained in the textbook, the corporation should use to maximize its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should use to minimize its greatest weakness. Support your choices with specific evidence.
- Assess the corporation’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)
- For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Analyze the effects of the general environment, competition, threats, opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses relative to a corporation.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.