Assessment Stakeholder Meeting Simulation and White Paper PART A: Preliminary Outline (Hurdle)…
The assessment of this subject supports students in developing their skills and knowledge in topics that include environmental assessment, problem diagnosis, strategy development, and cultural and ethical contexts. Stakeholder meetings are a critical element in strategic management. This assessment task provides experience and immersive understanding of the complex interactions involved in the development of strategic choices, and the need to take an integrative approach to problem solving. The increasing pace of technological change and the increased impact of social media provides many challenges for businesses attempting to navigate towards growth and increased profitability. Rapid cycle times for new products can lead to decisions being made that are not always in the best interests of the long-term survival of the firm. Disruptions to the everyday course of business come from anywhere and need to be responded to often in short time frames.
Assessment 2 Part B continues from the scenario in Part A. In Part B, a disruption is introduced which necessitates re-consideration of the white paper done in Part A of the Assessment. Here is a recap of the scenario.
Pro-Go Pty Ltd is a privately-owned manufacturer of small, high-quality action cameras based in Geelong, Victoria. Founded in 2004 it has enjoyed continuous year-on-year growth until the last
Page 1 of 7 MGT604 Assessment 2B Brief – this brief supersedes all previous MGT604 Assessment 2 Part B briefs
financial year. Pro-Go has a track record of innovation, and technology that provides excellent quality results in a small package able to operate with small batteries for extended periods of time. The video files these cameras produce are known for having superior colour, and operate effectively in lower lighting conditions than competitor’s cameras. They are also marketed on the basis of their extreme ruggedness, and reliability. Much of the technology used in its devices has been patented by Pro-Go and is not currently available to other manufacturers.
The Pro-Go management team has recognised that the ability to capture videos is now a feature of most phones. It suggests to them that the future of the stand-alone camera may be limited. Pro-Go’s CEO has requested the executive team meet independently to develop a strategy to guide the company over the next five years.
The COVID19 pandemic has presented a substantial disruption and challenge to companies and communities around the world. In an environment being shaped by self-isolation lockdowns and social distancing, Pro-Go has identified an opportunity to work with a technology partner/integrator to address a pressing community need.
The COVIDSafe app uses Bluetooth enabled smart phones to identify when a user is near another COVIDSafe user and records close contact between these users. This allows State and Territory health officials to contact any user if they have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus. Leveraging the COVIDSafe technology, Pro-Go’s state-of-the-art cameras together with an innovative software solution, Pro-Go has identified an opportunity for custom-built Pro-Go camera units to be fitted to dashboards of National Police Force vehicles to enable real-time tracking and mapping of hot spots throughout the community where COVID19 is present.
Page 2 of 7 MGT604 Assessment 2B Brief – this brief supersedes all previous MGT604 Assessment 2 Part B briefs
The Pro-Go management team has tasked the team to develop a modified strategic plan/white paper that will articulate the way forward to provide an effective solution to this emerging community need. It is expected that Pro-Go will go out to market via a competitive tender arrangement to find suitable strategic partners to develop and market the new solution.
In the same way that other specialty camera companies have forged partnerships with car manufacturers, technology companies and end-to-end service providers like DXC Technology to deliver next-generation technology solutions, the Pro-Go management team envision a new direction for the company through strategic partnerships that will drive innovation and create a lasting legacy for the community (Statt, 2016).
Re-convene the (emergency) stakeholder meetings to address the disruption scenario and associated concerns. The stakeholder meetings must discuss this disruption and develop a modified strategic plan/white paper. Please return to your groups immediately to discuss these events and adjust your strategic approach accordingly.
Your 2000 word, individual, White paper should be structured as follows:
- Executive Summary – Summarise the entire report – for example, don’t tell the reader that the report discusses the external/internal environment, summarise the points the report makes about the external/internal environment.
- Table of Contents – Make it look good. Include page numbers and ensure the layout looks balanced on the page.
- Introduction – Provide background and context to the report. Tell the reader what has happened in the past that has led to this report being needed.
- Aim – State in a single sentence what this report is seeking to achieve.
- Discussion – Cover the content you wish to address.
- Conclusion – Restate the aim and sum up the discussion to demonstrate to the reader that the aim has been satisfied. There should be no new content in the conclusion.
- Recommendations – What are the next steps? What is required to progress into the future? Evaluate/justify your recommendations?
- References – Please ensure you use the correct APA referencing style throughout. Remember EVERY factual statement requires a reference.
- Appendices – Additional material to substantiate or add greater depth to the material presented in the report, and your Teamwork log.
The white paper is to be completed individually by each member of the team reflecting the impact of the proposed strategy on their particular part of the business after the disruption and should be completed to the professional standard that would be required if the below scenario were real. Below is a recap of the scenario and the requirements of the Five-year strategy white Paper which was outlined in Assessment 2 Part A.
The stakeholder meeting will discuss and agree on three strategy options for Pro-Go. In doing so,
the Stakeholder meeting may consider strategy options that exist in adjacent markets or with
Page 3 of 7 MGT604 Assessment 2B Brief – this brief supersedes all previous MGT604 Assessment 2 Part B briefs
related but different products or technologies. Remember to apply strategy concepts in your stakeholder meeting discussions to identify strategy options (strategy planning).
The deliverables required of each student are to produce a white paper covering the following:
- Nominate the preferred strategy option and apply a strategy framework(s) to analyse and justify why you believe it is the best strategy option; and
- Discuss the implications specifically relating to your part of the business, and what challenges these might represent. Separate the discussion into short-term and long-term issues.
Students are to address the assessment task from the perspective of their own functional area of responsibility. Integrate theory in your white paper.
We offer the best custom essay writing services at an affordable rate. We have done this assignment before, we can also do it for you.